Important Topics for JEE Mains Chemistry: The Most Crucial Topics For You To Prepare
Be it at the start of your preparations the tail-end of them, it is wise to know what you need to focus on while mentally preparing yourself for the JEE mains. When it comes to the chemistry bit your JEE Mains, there are a bunch of important topics for IIT JEE chemistry that you really have to keep in mind while you study towards your conscious goal of cracking the JEE and getting into a famed institute of your choice. So hang in there and get ready to dig into your books as soon as we’re done with this blog, cause here are some of the most important topics for JEE mains chemistry, for you to ace this exam!
So now that you’ve truly set your heart on getting into the best institutes across the country, it is extremely important that you put your mind and soul into studying for the exam. Since this journey can be quite cumbersome, it is always wise to choose IIT JEE classes in Pune. Tutoratti is one such coaching institute that fills you in on all the important topics for IIT JEE chemistry and ensures that students are provided the best knowledge to ace their JEE Mains. You can find one of our centers in Maharashtra at Pune (Sinhagad Road, Kondhwa, Aundh, Camp, and Kothrud), Pimpri Chinchwad, Raigad-Panvel and Navi Mumbai-Kharghar.
You may or may not be a fan of the subject, but when done right, both organic and inorganic chemistry can help you score quite a few marks in your JEE Mains. So without further ado, let’s get to the most important topics in inorganic chemistry for JEE mains.
- Mole Concept: One of the foundational and crucial concepts and topics in physical chemistry, it is important that you have a clear understanding of the mole concept from the very beginning of your preparation journey. Several questions in JEE Exams are asked from this unit but they could be solved easily if you have a firm command over the concepts.
- Atomic Structure: One of the important topics for JEE mains chemistry, every year, around 2 to 3 questions are generally asked from this unit. This topic doesn’t draw any relations to the mole concept, but other topics like Electro chemistry, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Kinetics, etc. are essentially derived from the mole concepts and have nearly equal weightage.
The most important topics in inorganic chemistry for JEE mains almost account for the entire syllabus of the subject. Don’t skip any topic from this unit, especially since it is one of the high scoring subjects. Since there are various compounds and you need to study their methods of preparation, uses, chemical reactions, etc. So, it is better to have a proper analysis of all the topics included in JEE Syllabus from Inorganic Chemistry so that while preparing you won’t get diverted from the syllabus.
Several conceptual questions are asked from s, p, d, and f-block elements thus, instead of memorizing it’s important to understand it through visualization so that certain complex properties and compositions could be understood easily. You could understand the reactions very easily if you have a good knowledge of the periodic table along with the trends in the properties of atoms like atomic radius, electron affinity, electronegativity, ionization, and the electrode potential.
The entire portion of organic chemistry could be easily understood if you are well versed with the important topics for IIT JEE chemistry like nucleophiles, electrophiles, type of reactions, basicity, acidity, etc. and the remaining portion of organic chemistry is just its application part. These topics are covered in the general organic chemistry part of the JEE syllabus.
- Named Reactions: There are several standard named reactions in organic chemistry and you should know all these named reactions along with their mechanisms so that, you could easily solve any similar type of problem asked in the question paper.
- Organic Synthesis: It is one of the important and conceptual aspects of organic chemistry and every year in JEE Exams, around 2 to 3 questions are asked from this section that includes writing certain steps to synthesize any particular compound by the provided set of reagents with as little efforts as possible. Sometimes, you have to write the missing chemicals in any particular step of the synthesis. Therefore, it is very important to know some of the common chemical reactions.
To help you out further, here are a few important topics that were weighed in at the 2019 JEE paper:
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Solutions and Colligative Properties
- Nuclear and Surface Chemistry
- Practical and Environmental Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals (Metallurgy)
So, start your journey towards success with the right inputs and teachings surrounding important topics for JEE mains chemistry. For more information about our online coaching, visit the Tutoratti website, or call us on +91-8484818247.